Finding creative date ideas can be tough. Finding creative date ideas that you BOTH will love? Really tough.
Dating your spouse after years of being married is challenging.
The same old Dinner+Movie+Coffee date that we love gets routine and sometimes it is fun to try something new.
If you are like us, and life is busy and it is truly a miracle that you got out alone for an evening. Planning a date can come last to actually setting up the date to begin with!
Jeremy has challenged me in this… what are some things we can do for dates that we both will enjoy.
When we get a chance to go out, what should we do?
Creative date ideas that is something that I like to do AND something that he likes to do.
Although, I’ve been told that whatever I want to do is something he will want to do as long as we are together.
Did I marry a sweetheart or what?
So, I’ve been working on a list.
Thinking like we were dating again. Trying to come up with unique things to do for date nights.
I’ve made a list before… with our Top Ten Things to do for Date Nights… but this time I wanted to break out of the norm and go big. Set up a list of dream dates for us.
Jeremy… you can just pick whichever of these you want to do. Well, we can do them all. Some now… some when we have the money. But this list is a start.
Creative Date Ideas
1. Fondue at home. Splurge on a great fondue set for your house. Buy some fun cheeses, meats, veggies, chocolate and goodies.
2. A trip to Build-a-Bear. I know… you are adults… but seriously. We did this one year for my birthday and it was a really fun date night!
3. A visit to a unique store or a fun downtown area with lots of little shops.
4. A Picnic at the beach… even in the colder months, a winter picnic would be beautiful! (and yes, Jeremy, I will borrow your hunting socks so I don’t have to worry about cold feet! #hunterwifeblessings) This sweet basket will make your picnic perfect and quaint.
5. Take a historical walk. Jeremy and I both love history. I found a book recently that is about historical walks in Paris. I plan on doing every single one while we are in language school. I’m sure we could duplicate that wherever we are! Check out these Frommer’s 24 Walk books for numerous locations!
6. Splurge on a Hot Air Balloon ride. This is on our bucket list. And one day, when we have the money, we are totally doing this!
7. Spend a day visiting Museums. We have done this before and it was wonderful. Sometimes your city will have a guidebook or a ticket pack for the city museums with passes for each one. See how many you can fit into one day!
8. Get a couples massage. We have given this to each other as gifts for Christmas or birthdays. A gift card for a favorite spa is a great date idea! Or, relax and do this at home.
9. Go Camping. We are all about family camping. We LOVE camping. But just the two of us? That would be a great overnight getaway!
10. Sample Sushi all around town. We LOVE sushi… well, I love veggie sushi and he loves raw meat and other weird sushi things… but it would be a fun date to just visit a few different sushi places and try new things! Another idea is to get a sushi kit and learn how to make it at home.
11. A fun photo shoot. We love having family pictures and we do have some great pictures of the two of us. But, keeping up-to-date couples pictures is a great thing!
12. Go for a Dinner Cruise. I have never done this! I think it would be a very fun date… get dressed up and go for a nice dinner on the water!
13. Star Gazing. Bring a blanket and find a spot to watch the stars. We have done this before during a meteor shower… it was very sweet.
14. Run in a Color Run or another fun race. Something about waking up early, going to a race, and then out for breakfast… fun!
15. Create your own progressive dinner from your favorite restaurants or try some new places. Buy the gift cards for your spouse as a gift and get the date on the calendar!
16. Re-live your first date. Football and McDonalds anyone? Yes, that was our first date and yes, I would do it again.
17. A Midnight snack date after the kids go to bed. S’mores in the kitchen, chips and salsa… a fun way to spend time together!
18. Do a picture scavenger hunt together. At the mall. At the park. At the restaurant. My sis in law got us something like this and it is on our to do list!
19. Fill a Time Capsule together. Take a date night to collect things about that year or that season of life for your family. Hide it away somewhere for later years. This would be tricky for us to find a place to leave it but I think it would be a fun memory for us right now! These Infinity Jars would work perfectly.
20. Go to a live show or musical. Again, when we have money, we love seeing live shows on stage.
No matter how long you have been married, learning to date your spouse and KEEP dating your spouse can be challenging. Finding creative date ideas isn’t always easy.
Try something new. Step out of the box. And create your date dream list!
More Date Night Ideas!
What is something you would put on your creative date ideas list?