Yes, I’m blogging this topic and talking marriage tips for keeping things hot in marriage.
Because we are busy.
But so are you.
In fact, everyone is crazy busy these days and having time to invest in our marriage is really difficult.
When life gets busy and there is very little time for quiet moments together, it is really hard to keep your marriage warm, let alone hot.
And, I’ve noticed that when we aren’t connecting with each other on a daily basis, we very quickly loose any heat at all.
Why do we need a hot marriage?
What are some marriage tips that can help us in this area?
Well, have you read Song of Solomon lately?
God created love and he made us to bond intimately with our spouse.
God gives us some marriage tips that can help.
Now, I’m not just talking about what everyone is thinking about either.
I’m talking about the little things.
The small stuff.
The simple ways, simple marriage tips we connect with our spouses in the busy times.
It is the small stuff and the little things that get lost in the shuffle of a busy life.
So, how do you keep from loosing the heat in the busy seasons of life?
1. Don’t let stress and frustration and annoyance keep you from talking. Busy times are very stressful. Talk anyway.
2. Text during the day about fun things the kids are doing or what you found at the store or how the meeting is going. Texting immediately makes you feel more involved. And when you only text about your to do list or instructions for the next project, you aren’t connecting relationally or on a friendship basis!
3. When you are angry, kiss your spouse. It works. You both stop and think. You might still be angry, but you remember you love your spouse and that helps immensely.
4. Don’t dwell on what your spouse does or doesn’t do. When things are busy, it is really easy to keep score and tally who does what. I’m so bad at this one. Remembering to let go, forgive, go the extra mile, pick up the slack really helps keep me from over reacting.
5. Remember the reasons you really love him. These reasons might surprise you like they did me.
6. Capture every moment you have together. Make use of the short bursts of time you can sneak away from the busyness.
7. Remember you won’t have the perfect marriage. The grass is not greener somewhere else. You have been blessed. Keeping your marriage healthy takes work. Especially when you are busy.
8. Put away the gadgets. Busy times require lots of gadget time. At least for us it does. Our calendar, our to do lists, our plans, our reports… everything is on a phone or computer or iPad. Put it away for an hour and enjoy a short coffee break with your spouse.
9. Go for a walk… or a run. Walking, running, biking… any kind of physical activity is so good for both of you when life is busy. Take advantage of the stress relief, the down time, the health benefits and exercise together a few times a week.
10. Get some sleep. Yes, real sleep. When you are more rested, it is easier to face the busy days and you are more likely to be nice to your spouse throughout the day. And being nice goes a long way in keeping the heat of marriage turned up!
We aren’t perfect at these… in fact, I see a few we could do more often.
Life is busy. And full of stress. That puts our marriage at high risk for major complications.
But, God has given us marriage tips to connect daily with our spouses in fun, simple ways. We need to take advantage of them, love our spouse and keep the marriage hot even in the busy times!
Check out: Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
What is one way you stay connected and keep your marriage hot in busy seasons of life? What marriage tips can you add for busy couples?